Linkangood Virus Removal Guide?
Hello! Anyone can answer why I am getting so many Linkangood Virus on my Internet browser while I surf net? The ads are coming unstoppably and causing me much annoyance and my web surfing seriously gets disturbed as I cannot perform my online tasks properly. It is really very intolerable situation for me and I am feeling like throwing the machine away. Somebody please suggest help! I will be very very thankful!
The main reason why Linkangood Virus appears on computer system because of the Trojan attacked the computer machine and it really is an alert message for user to be careful against more dangerous threat which might invade on PC. Basically, such advertisement pop-ups are created by the evil minded advertising professionals and third party marketers who use various PC programs as an online advertising platform. The Linkangood Virus and many more pop-up windows by this program used to promote various malicious services and software’s. There were many formats used for showing the promoted programs as like video ads, text links, transitional, pop-under and also there is a full page ad which confirms that user cannot let it go until clicking.
When the Linkangood Virus clicked there are installed some more harmful spywares and key loggers on machine without knowledge of user, or in other case user is forwarded to other commercial domains unwonted. The ads shown are basically on the basis of computer user’s approx geographical location which is disclosed by adware to the computer criminals unethically. Moreover, this Trojan virus can risk private info of system user. So, it is for sake of user to without any time wastage remove Linkangood Virus from PC.
Summary of Linkangood Virus
|Type||.DLL or .exe files, replicate itself, creates & multiplies itself|
|Targeted PCs||All version of Windows OS|
|Affected Browsers||Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, IE, Opera, Yahoo etc.|
|Description||Linkangood Virus is another dubious trojan malware designed by developers to attack a large number of system users.|
|Distribution Sources||homepage browser, pirated/free software installer, change of security settings, fake updater, weak passwords, infected devices, disable of installed programs and many more.|
|Damages||Intrusion of keylogger, open a backdoor, fake payloads, system crash, slow down system speed, etc.|
|Removal Solution||To Remove Linkangood Virus completely, scan your PC with|
How to Remove Linkangood Virus
The Linkangood Virus removal process can be performed with two ways manual and automatic. If you are choosing manual technique then it is suggested that you first ensure about excellent skills of registry entries and system files. This extensive process needs adjustment in registry settings and small change can put your computer in various troubles. While automatic process is entirely safe and not needs much level of knowledge. You only require to follow on given instruction to end removal process. Automatic process needs use of SpyHunter Anti-Malware that comes with various another functions that will assist you to protect your computer from other malware attacks in future.
Symptoms that make the presence of Linkangood Virus evident
1). It modify’s your system settings, changes the registry files as well as drops malicious files & starts malicious processes.
2).The system becomes extremely sluggish.
3). Appearance of suspicious processes such as Linkangood Virus in the Task Manager.
4). Unexpected Errors occurs to your Windows Operating System to crash.
5).The computer may take more time to respond for the commands
6). Unexpected behavior of the applications & system
7). Fake warnings & Ransom pop-ups may appear on the screen, prompting the user to download several vague paid software.
Malign Activities Carried Out By Linkangood Virus
Apart from carrying out such malicious activities on the affected system, Linkangood Virus is suspected of stealing confidential information of the users.
It can affects your system in several ways, are as follows:
1). Collect information i.e. IP Address, Username & Password etc.
2). Gather login credentials to various sites
3). Access your windows administrator & disable Windows Antivirus & firewall
4). Install several malware threats like adware & spyware on your system
5). Track your online-browsing activities like search preferences & visited web-pages.
6). Access System Information like OS Type & Version, Installed Browser & its Version.
7). Logs the keys entered on the keyboard.
It is evident that the presence of Linkangood Virus is a threat to user’s privacy & data. Therefore, we recommend removing Linkangood Virus from the system as soon as the error is encountered.
Distribution Techniques of Linkangood Virus
The cyber-criminals use different strategies for Linkangood Virus distribution which include –
- Software Bundling: Software bundling is the technique in which a malicious program is distributed with other freeware software, to get an unknown installation into your computer system. When user downloads or installs a free software, the unsafe applications starts a backdoor entry with such free application, the user has downloaded. by the way, it’s a good idea to always keep an eye on the installation process screens during installing such free applications.
- Infected Storage Devices: Your computer can also become infected by using removable drive or media such as USB hard drives and jump drives without scanning them with an anti-virus.
- Spam Emails – Spamming is the most profitable and familiar techniques used for the distribution of these malware. The targeted users get legitimate looking emails which includes .doc, .txt, and other similar attachments. These attachments can be named as anything which can divert the user’s attention and triggers him/her to open the attachment. As soon as the user opens this attachment, the malware affects the user’s system very easily.
- Malicious/Malevolent Websites or Advertisements: The malicious websites are one among which is developed by just for promoting the malware threats. Such websites contain but are not limited to porn sites, torrent sites or other free downloading platforms. By visiting these websites, the adware injects the user’s computer without permission. Fake ads and updates such as Flash player or Windows updates which asks user to update to the updated latest version are few examples. if the users click on those links, their computer gets infected. That’s why, it is highly suggested to avoid clicking on those links. Moreover, also avoid clicking on such advertisements offering freeware stuffs like Win an iPhones, cars or free overseas trips etc.
Steps to Delete Linkangood Virus from your system
Step A: Restart your system to safe mode with networking
To restart the computer to Safe Mode with Networking, if already switched ON then follow the below given steps:
Windows 7/ Vista/ Xp
- Click on Windows icon available in the lower left corner of the desktop screen.
- Select and click Restart.
- When the screen becomes blank, Keep tapping F8 Key until you view the Advanced Boot Options window.
- With the assist of arrow keys on keyboard, Choose Safe Mode with Networking option from the list as well as hit the Enter Key. The computer system will then restart to Safe Mode with Networking.
5 Once the computer restarts, click on the username and enter the password (if any) to log in.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press and hold the Shift Key and all together click on the windows icon appear in the lower left corner of your desktop screen.
- While the Shift key is still hold click on the Power button and then click on Restart.
- Select Troubleshoot ? Advanced options ? Startup Settings.
- When the Startup Settings screen appears which is the first screen to appear after restart, choose Enable Safe Mode with Networking. The computer system will then restart to Safe Mode with Networking.
- Once the computer system restarts in Safe Mode, click on the username and enter the password, if any to log in.
STEP B: Delete the malicious file from System Configuration Settings
- Enter “Msconfig” in search box / Run Box, select it and hit Enter.
- Move to “Services” Tab as well as Click on “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- Select Linkangood Virus from the list of running services and disable it by un-checking the tick mark from the checkbox and hit on Apply button.
- Click on the next tab – “Startup”.
- Search any blank or suspicious entry or the entry running with Linkangood Virus named and remove the check mark.
- Hit on Apply or click on OK button.
- Click on the next tab – “Startup”.
- Move the mouse cursor to ‘Open task Manager‘ link and open it. This opens the Task Manager window.
- Find any blank or suspicious entry or the entry named with Linkangood Virus and click on it.
- Now, click on Disable button.
STEP C: Remove the suspicious file from the Registry key
- Hold Windows and R key all together to initiate the “Run Box”.
- Type “Regedit” in Run Box, choose it and hit Enter.
- An authorization dialog box will appear, then you only have to click “Yes”. (The dialog box windows screen may vary depending on OS running. In Windows 10 the dialog box appears like the first screenshot and for windows 7 it looks like the second screenshot)
- In the registry editor, take the full backup of the current registry settings before making any changes in case you want to revert to older settings later. In this case, Click on File option in the menu and select Export. Save the entry at a desired location.
- In the Menu, go to Edit and Select Find.
- Enter Linkangood Virus and click Ok in the search box.
- Select and remove suspicious entries.
How to prevent Linkangood Virus from affecting your computer
- Always Keeping the Operating System Updated- In order to become protected as well as avoid such threats, it is recommended to keep your Operating System always updated by enabling the automatic update on your computer. The Computers with outdated/older versions of OS become an simple target for the hackers.
- Avoid clicking on spam emails – One of the main techniques used for malware distribution is forwarding spam/junk emails to the user. The computer system gets infected easily as early as the user clicks on the mail attachments. These mails appear to be genuine, so be aware and avoid falling for such tricks.
- Keep an eye on third party installations- It is so necessary that you take suitable care while installing any third party software for they are main source of such threats. Such malware programs come bundled together with the freeware stuffs thus requiring the user to remain careful.
- Regular periodical backup- In order to keep your data and files safe, it is suggested to take regular back up of all your data and files either on an USB or cloud.
- Use Anti-Virus Protection- We highly recommends the use of anti-virus protection or internet security in your computer such as SpyHunter as well as Combo Cleaner so that it remains safe.
- Enable the Ad Blocker/Popup Blocker in your Browser- Enabling the popup blocker/ad blocker in your chosen browser will assist you to keep protected from annoying adware.