What is .Caleb File Virus ransomware? Can files encrypted by .Caleb File Virus be recovered?
.Caleb File Virus is also popular as .Caleb File Virus or .Caleb File Virus. It encrypts files by appending the .Caleb File Virus extension to them, making them inaccessible. All encrypted files will get the new extension as a secondary one. Another extension will be installed or added before it that is created on a random principle. The .Caleb File Virus ransomware drops a ransom note, which provides instructions to victims on how they can allegedly restore their data.
.Caleb File Virus is one among many ransomware-type infections belongs to Djvu family. It was firstly discovered by malware researcher Michael Gillespie. The main purpose of .Caleb File Virus is to encrypt most of stored files and keep them that way unless a ransom is paid. During the encryption .Caleb File Virus appends each filename with “.Caleb File Virus” extension (thus its name). For instance, “1.jpg” get renamed to “1.jpg.Caleb File Virus” and so forth. Moreover, .Caleb File Virus creates a text file (“_readme.txt”) and drops its copies in almost all existing folders.
However, keep in mind that there’s always a moment that used server/storage device will be corrputed. In this case, we highly recommend to have multiple backup copies saved in different locations. If your computer is already infected with .Caleb File Virus, we suggest running a scan with Spyhunter for Windows to automatically eliminate this ransomware.
How to Remove .Caleb File Virus
If your computer got infected with the .Caleb File Virus, you should have a bit of experience in removing malware. You should get rid of this .Caleb File Virus Files Virus as soon as possible before it can have the chance to spread ahead further and infect other computers. You should remove the .Caleb File Virus and follow the step-by-step instructions guide provided below.
SpyHunter is a powerful windows application developed by enigmasoft group to scan for, identify, remove and block malware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and other stuffs. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove detected malware quickly. Know more about SpyHunter / How to uninstall SpyHunter
Note: For Mac Users!
In case, if your Mac has been affected by .Caleb File Virus or you think that other threats are running on it you can follow detailed instructions on how to detect and get rid of Mac viruses so that you can keep the device safe and secure.
Remove .Caleb File Virus and Restore .Caleb File Virus Files
The .Caleb File Virus is an offensive threat that endangers the overall Computer performance. For the sake of your Computer security and your privacy, the threat should be removed completely. The detailed removal guide below contains detailed steps of .Caleb File Virus removal. There are also several alternative data recovery approaches that may restore important .Caleb File Virus files.
WARNING! Manual removal of .Caleb File Virus requires being familiar with system files and registries. Deleting any important data accidentally can serious cause to deadly system damage. If you aren’t have technical skill, feel uncomfortable with manual instructions, download a powerful anti-malware tool that will scan your system for malware and clean it safely for you.
Step 1: Open the Computer in Safe Mode with Network
This will separate all files and objects created by the .Caleb File Virus so they will be eliminated efficiently. The steps given below are applicable to all version of Windows.
1. Hit theWIN Key + R
2. A Run window will appear. In it, write msconfig and then press Enter
3. A Configuration box will appear. In it select the tab named Boot
4. Check Safe Boot option and move to Network under it to tick it too
5. Apply >>OK
Step 2: Show Hidden Files
Some ransomware threats are developed to hide their suspicious files in the Windows so all files stored on the system should be visible.
1. Open My Computer/This Computer
2. Windows 7
– Click on Organize button
– Select Folder and search options
– Select the View tab
– Go to Hidden files and folders and tick mark Show hidden files and folders option
3. Windows 8/ 10
– Click onto View tab
– Check Mark Hidden items option
4. Click Apply and then OK button
Step 3: Open Windows Task Manager and Stop Malicious Processes
1. Press on the following key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
2. Get over to Processes
3. When you find suspicious process running, right click on it and select Open File Location
4. Return back to Task Manager and Select the malicious process running. Again, right Click on it and press End Process
5. Next, you should view the Open folder where the malicious file is located and remove it
Step 4: Repair Windows Registry
1. Again type the WIN Key + R key together
2. In the box, type reg-edit and press Enter
3. Type the CTRL+ F and then type the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4. In case you have find registry keys and values similar to the .Caleb File Virus, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete genuine keys.
WARNING! All files and objects related with .Caleb File Virus virus should be removed from the affected Computer before any data recovery attempts. Otherwise the virus may encrypt restored files. In addition, a backup of all encrypted files stored on external USB drive is very much recommendable.
SpyHunter is a powerful windows application developed by enigmasoft group to scan for, identify, remove and block malware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and other stuffs. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove detected malware quickly. Know more about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
1. Use present backups
2. Use professional data recovery software Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery – a specialist utility which can restore partitions, documents, photos, data and 300+ more file types lost during critical types of incidents and corruption.
3. Using System Restore Point
– Press WIN Key and Open Control Panel
– Select “Open System Restore” and follow onto the given steps
4. Restore your personal files using File History
>> Press WIN Key >> Write restore your files into the search box >> Select Restore your fileswith File History >> Select a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar >> Hit the “Restore” button
How to Prevent From Upcoming Malware Intrusions?
>> Enable and properly configure your Firewall. >> Install and maintain powerful anti-malware software. >> Safe & Secure your web browser. >> Check daily for available software updates and apply them. >> Disable macros in Office documents. >> Use strong passwords. >> Do not open attachments or click on suspicious links unless you’re certain they’re safe. >> Backup regularly your data.